The Center for Montessori Education|New York was founded in 1979. Our teaching is deeply rooted in the traditions of Dr. Maria Montessori and is enriched by current research in child development, brain development, and on-going studies for nurturing young minds. We are affiliated by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE).
Our rich tradition of quality programs and experienced faculty enables CME|NY to graduate adult learners who are qualified to meet the changing needs of today's Montessori educational system. We aim to enable and empower adults to assist children in their optimal development and to be a model and resource for families, child care centers, schools, and communities throughout the country.
As an adult learner of one of the oldest and most highly respected teacher education programs, you will receive:
· Quality instruction hours with experienced teachers and internationally renowned Montessorians
· Year-round support through mentoring and on-site consultation
· Access to a network of educators and alumni for professional opportunities
Whether you work in a public or independent educational environment, we offer a variety of programs to meet your needs and interests.
Each teacher education program consists of:
· Academic phase — Adult Leaners attend CME|NY classes held at one of our training locations
· Practicum phase — Adult Learners work at CME|NY approved sites of their choice during the school year
· Seminars — Adult Learners attend annual seminars to enhance their skills and build community
Infant and Toddler -- For teaching children from birth to age 3 (6-day summer kick-off July 25-30, 2016; followed by 8 weekends during the school year, followed by June 19-23, 2017 wrap-up)
Early Childhood – For teaching children ages 2½ to 6 (DATES: June 21 - August 5, 2016)Administrator – For current administrators, directors, principals, heads of school already working in a Montessori School (DATES: Part 1 July 11-16, 2016; Part 2 uly 18-23, 2016; Part 3 July 17-22, 2017)
CME|NY’s Early Childhood program is held at the College of New Rochelle, in New Rochelle, New York.
CME|NY's Infant and Toddler and Administrator programs, as well as all conferences and workshops are held in the beautiful, new CME|NY Adult Training Facility, One Radisson Plaza, Suite 902, New Rochelle, NY.
Continuing Education and Professional Development
We offer a variety of continuing education opportunities throughout the year. Please contact us if there is a workshop you would like us to offer.