The Center for Montessori Education|New York was founded in 1979. Our teaching is deeply rooted in the traditions of Dr. Maria Montessori and is enriched by current research in child development, brain development, and on-going studies for nuturing young minds. We are affiliated with the American Montessori Society (AMS) and accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE).
Our rich tradition of quality programs and experienced faculty enables CME|NY to graduate adult learners who are qualified to meet the changing needs of today's Montessori educational system. We aim to enable and empower adults to assist children in their optimal development and to be a model and resource for families, child care centers, schools, and communities throughout the country.
As an adult learner of one of the oldest and most highly respected teacher education programs, you will receive:
· Quality instruction hours with experienced teachers and internationally renowned Montessorians
· Year-round support through mentoring and on-site consultation
· Access to a network of educators and alumni for professional opportunities
Whether you work in a public or independent educational environment, we offer a variety of programs to meet your needs and interests.
Each teacher education program consists of:
· Academic phase — Adult Leaners attend CME|NY classes held at one of our training locations
· Practicum phase — Adult Learners work at CME|NY approved sites of their choice during the school year
· Seminars — Adult Learners attend annual seminars to enhance their skills and build community
Infant and Toddler -- For teaching children from birth to age 3 (6 day summer kick-off June 23-June 28, 2014; followed by 8 weekends during the school year, followed by June 15-June 20, 2015 wrap-up)
Early Childhood – For teaching children ages 2½ to 6 (DATES: June 17 to August 1, 2014)Course for Montessori School Management and Leadership (CMSM) – For current administrators, directors, principals, heads of school already working in a Montessori School (DATES: Part 1 July 13- July 18, 2014; Part II July 20 - July 25, 2014, Part III summer 2015)
The majority of CME|NY’s programs are held at the College of New Rochelle, in New Rochelle, New York.
Continuing Education and Professional Development
We offer a variety of continuing education opportunities throughout the year, please contact us if there is a workshop you would like us to offer.